For your eyes only
Your eyes are one of the most vital organs, which let you see this beautiful world. So it is your responsibility to take care of them. Here are some handy ways you can take care of your windows to the world.
Feed your eyes. Eyes are the most important body parts in your body – they need care and nutrition to work at an optimal level. Similarly as other organs, a diet high in fruits and vegetables and low in sugar and fatty foods will go a long way in maintaining healthy eyes.
- Vitamin A, C, and E, along with vital minerals like zinc and copper, should be in your daily diet. These vitamins and minerals are vital for good vision and protection against disease. Try to include strawberries, oranges, eggs, salmon, mackerel, and almonds for your vitamins, and oysters, crab, or turkey for your minerals in your meal.
- Antioxidants like beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein help keep your eyes safe from getting sun damage. These antioxidants are available in dark leafy vegetables,sweet potatoes, pumpkins, and carrots.
- onions, Garlic, and caper should be a part of your diet to get sulfur, cysteine, and lecithin that protect the lens of your eyes from cataracts.
- Blueberries, goji, and grapes, contain anti-inflammatory variants, like anthocyanin,which will help improve your vision.
- Almost about 1,000 mg of omega-3 fatty acids on a daily basis would help refrain you from macular degeneration (AMD) and dry eyes Salmon, herring, mackerel, flaxseeds, and walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Exercises for your eyes. Exercising your eyes on daily basis will enable you maintaining healthy eyes as well as better vision. Plan it out to do exercise for your eyes when you get up early in the morning and prior going to the bed, or whenever your eyes get tired. Be sure that your hands are neat so that they won't irritate your sight.
- Start with simple steps. Roll around your eyes in a rotational motion both clockwise and anticlockwise.
- Put your thumb in 6 inches distance from your nose and keep staring at it for 5 seconds. This will help in reducing eye fatigue and stress.
- Rub both of your palms together to generate heat and then placing them against your eyes for 5 to 10 seconds. Repeat this method for three repetations to keep your eyes healthy. Gently massage your temple area, under eye section and forehead.
Relax and rest your eyes. Because your eyes are one of the most used organs.
- Shut down your eyes for 3-5 minutes. Shut your eyes and rest your head back.
- Keep focus on one object that is 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This is the same test you are administered to check for 20/20 vision.